how to extract words from a cell based on multiple conditions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

I have a database where one particular column contains data based on the nature of the issue. The issue can several reasons, however, I need few reasons for trending purpose.

Hence, I would like to know how can I extract the desired set of 'reasons' (set of few words out of entire content).

I need a macro which looks for those words in each cell (each row) and extract that in a new column

Thursday, November 6, 2014 6:33 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Office, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for Visual Basic for Applications

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=isvvba

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Friday, November 7, 2014 8:15 AM