Background Downloads In A Background Task Clarification Needed

Question

• Hi there, I just put out an podcast app in the store, and I'm looking at adding the ability to auto-download episodes as soon as the system is notified through a background task. I have a couple of questions/need some clarification on three things:

1) Since the Background Download API has it's own process, is it counted towards the CPU Time/Bandwidth quota of the background task?

2) Are downloads started by the Background Task discoverable by using GetCurrentDownloadsAsync() when the app is launched?

3) What's the best practice for handing the download over to the app while it's running/returning from suspension?

Any help would be appreciated!

Monday, March 31, 2014 5:36 AM

Answers

• 1) things you download with the BackgroundDownloader, and the resource that are used by the backgrounddownloader wont count for your background task.

2) yes, this are all downloads that are started froim the package. from the app it self or any backgroundtask  that are in the package.

3) Downloads with the BackgroundDownloader will go on if the app isnt running. So when resuming the app you just can check if the file is downloaded.

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Monday, March 31, 2014 8:06 AM