Clean approach for selected values RRS feed

• Question

• User-284642143 posted
    I have 3 drop-downs all with around 7 values in each drop-down.

The values from all drop-downs gives the user their available options once all are selected.

Dd1.SelectedValue + Dd2.SelectedValue + Dd3.SelectedValue = Available Options

I'm looking for a clean way to achieve the available options as I think at present I would have a lot of If/Else or Select statements to look at to ensure all different options selected give the correct option.

Is there a clean approach to this or is it a matter of checking fur each possible selected value via If/Else or Select statements?
    Sunday, April 7, 2019 3:43 PM

All replies

• User475983607 posted
    Unclear. Usually the drop down values are a key in a table. The option should be selected by filtering by the 3 keys. Can you share your code and dB table design?
    Sunday, April 7, 2019 4:44 PM
  • User409696431 posted

"I'm looking for a clean way to achieve the available options"

Can you clarify what your question is?   What are you trying to do that you are having trouble with?  What does "achieving the options" mean to you?

Sunday, April 7, 2019 5:04 PM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi EssCee,

The values from all drop-downs gives the user their available options once all are selected.

Dd1.SelectedValue + Dd2.SelectedValue + Dd3.SelectedValue = Available Options

Do you want to check if selected values of each dropdown list are in available options collection? Please clarify more about your requirement/question, so that we can understand it better.

With Regards,

Fei Han

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 2:52 AM