none
two databases only one will update...why? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a small project that is zipped. It has a windows form with connectivity to two databases. One of databases will update yet the other one wont. Is there anyone out there prepared to have a look at this for me.
    • Moved by Kira Qian Monday, November 29, 2010 3:17 AM (From:Windows Forms Data Controls and Databinding)
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 12:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I'm sorry for the late response, would you please close this case and open a new thread?

Thanks a lot for your understanding!

Best Regards,
    Roahn Luo
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com
    • Marked as answer by timark2000 Friday, December 3, 2010 4:13 PM
    Friday, December 3, 2010 5:14 AM

All replies

• Sure, I can. Give me the code. If its personal, you can send me on my mail : mbonca@gmail.com
    Sunday, November 14, 2010 5:38 PM
  • Hi timark,

I think you need to share more information with us to make the thing clear. How did you update the database? Do you use ADO.NET to update the database? Do you use the same way to update 2 database? With the information, we can go on to give you some troubleshooting step to follow.

Sincerely,

Kira Qian

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework!
    Monday, November 15, 2010 2:45 AM
  • i tried your email mbonca@gmain.com but it bounced
    Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:10 PM
  • btw, you you know reading? 

check my mail ones again. And btw, have you ever heard of Google and their gmail? (I dont know where have you found gmain - LOL).

Sorry, for being unpolite, but you made me lough. Anway, send your project to me on ( mbonca@GMAIL.com ) and I`ll check it out, ok?

no hard feeling,

bye

Mitja

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:21 PM
  • Hi timark,

Could you please also share the project with us? You can upload it to the skydrive.

Sincerely,

Kira Qian

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, November 24, 2010 9:06 AM
  • This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

mbonca@GMAIL.com

Mitja, this is the bounce info. In my previous message i did in fact send it to gmail.com....it was a type in my message

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 5:10 PM
  • Hi Kira

I have uploaded the project to my skydrive public....its called localdata

thanks

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 5:19 PM
  • Hi Kira

I have uploaded the project to my skydrive public....its called localdata

thanks

Hi Timark,

Please post the download link here.

Sincerely,

Kira Qian

Friday, November 26, 2010 9:02 AM
  • Friday, November 26, 2010 1:39 PM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your project and detail information!

Based on my research and debugging, one exception is about the DateAdded and DateUpdated fields. Both fields in database are of Text type and the max length is 11. However, when you click the Reload button to fill the table , you input datetime from the form which causes the conflication.

To fix the issue, please try to modify the max length of your fields or change their type to Datetime as those fields in your Orders table in NWind.mdb database.

Regards,

Best Regards,
    Roahn Luo
    Monday, November 29, 2010 5:27 AM
  • Hi Roahn

Thanks for the help.

I changed the dateadded and dateupdate text boxes to a short date so it has a maximum length of 11 chars.

I also removed the binding to these two fields and i can update the orders database ok but the recipes has an exception

Update requires a valid UpdateCommand when passed DataRow collection with modified rows.

How come the orders table is fine yet the recipe table errors under the same code

Thanks in anticipation

Trevor

Monday, November 29, 2010 3:34 PM
  • Hi,

I'm sorry for the late response, would you please close this case and open a new thread?

Thanks a lot for your understanding!

Best Regards,
    Roahn Luo
    • Marked as answer by timark2000 Friday, December 3, 2010 4:13 PM
    Friday, December 3, 2010 5:14 AM