MS Win Server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a ms win server installed on my desktop machine just for learning purpose and the issue is, im unable to create a domain controller. Can you please help?

Thank you.
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 1:08 PM

Answers

• When you say ou're unable to create a domain controller, did you try promoting this Win2003 install to a DC using Server Manager, or run dcpromo.exe from the command prompt?

• Proposed as answer by Brian_Jones Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:36 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rubel Khan Thursday, January 7, 2010 4:45 PM
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:23 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes, as Charles has said, you should not have any problems creating a domain controller. The machine you are using will be the domain controller, and dcpromo.exe will do this for you.

However, you will find more help here:

http://www.visualwin.com/AD-Controller/

MCP, MCDST, MCTS x 4, MCITP x 2

Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it is the solution to your problem!

If you like trance music, please listen to my radio show, by subscribing to the Trancendance Podcast

Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:36 PM

All replies

• When you say ou're unable to create a domain controller, did you try promoting this Win2003 install to a DC using Server Manager, or run dcpromo.exe from the command prompt?

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 2:23 PM
    Answerer
  • Yes, as Charles has said, you should not have any problems creating a domain controller. The machine you are using will be the domain controller, and dcpromo.exe will do this for you.

However, you will find more help here:

http://www.visualwin.com/AD-Controller/

MCP, MCDST, MCTS x 4, MCITP x 2

Please don't forget to mark this post as an answer if it is the solution to your problem!

If you like trance music, please listen to my radio show, by subscribing to the Trancendance Podcast

Thursday, July 30, 2009 1:36 PM