[MS-DNSP] 2.1.1 Server Security Settings - possible incorrect and not-clickable link to MS-RPCE RRS feed

• Question

• The second to last sentence on this page states:

"The DNS server SHOULD support the maximum number of concurrent calls supported by RPC, as specified in section 3.3.1.5.9 in [MS-RPCE]."

1.  The link is not hot
    2.  When I manually navigate there, I don't see information about the maximum number of concurrent calls supported by RPC, so I'm not sure this is the right topic to link to

--
    * Helen *

Friday, June 5, 2009 6:46 PM

Answers

• Helen,

We agree that this is a valid issue and this content will be updated in a future release of the documentation.  The number of concurrent calls supported by RPC is set in an implementation dependent variable so the implementer is free to set this based on the guidelines set for by RPC itself.  Normative references to RPC can be found in the MS-DNSP documentation.

Thank you for the feedback. 

Richard Guthrie
    Escalation Engineer - Open Protocols

Tuesday, June 9, 2009 10:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Helen,

t
    hanks for your post regarding the MS-DNSP protocol specification. We will review your question and update the forum once our investigation is complete. Thanks!

Tom Jebo
    Microsoft Protocols Support Team

Regards, Tom Jebo Senior Support Escalation Engineer Microsoft DS Protocol Team
    Saturday, June 6, 2009 11:17 PM
  • Helen,

We agree that this is a valid issue and this content will be updated in a future release of the documentation.  The number of concurrent calls supported by RPC is set in an implementation dependent variable so the implementer is free to set this based on the guidelines set for by RPC itself.  Normative references to RPC can be found in the MS-DNSP documentation.

Thank you for the feedback. 

Richard Guthrie
    Escalation Engineer - Open Protocols

Tuesday, June 9, 2009 10:41 PM
  • Thanks.
    Wednesday, June 10, 2009 4:12 AM