none
Error Running Report in IE 7 RRS feed

• Question

• In a web application, C#, ASP.NET 2, VS 2005, I am getting an error when I try to run rdlc reports under certain conditions on the server hosting the application.

The error is "Error: 'this.m_clientController is null or not an object'

I click through the error, and about half of the report shows up on the screen. 

If I export to PDF or Excel, the entire report shows up correctly.

The report is generated by clicking a button on a screen showing the details of an invoice.

I've noticed that the report runs correctly first time in the aspx, and will run correctly as long as I don't do anything to cause a postback (the report itself must cause a postback, it runs in a different aspx).  Then, after the past back the report will not work, but will work again next time I try. As long as I click on the report gen button, it works OK, as long as I don't cause a postback by clicking on some other button in the aspx, say to save data changes.

The report is not in panels or anything else, it is just dropped on the aspx web page.

On the server hosting the app I have this problem in IE 7, but not in Firefox.
    No problem running this app in my computer in either Firefox or IE 7.

I get an error box asking me if I want to debug, and the Just in Time debugger opens.  I am placed in the file http....Reserverd.ReportViewerWebControl.axd.  The code line is:

function OnLoadReport(reloadDocMap)
      // the next line is the error and highlited in yellow --
      this.m_clinetController.OnReportLoaded(this, reloadDocMap)

Are there any ideas on the cause of this problem?

Many thanks
    Mike Thomas

Wednesday, November 28, 2007 11:10 PM

Answers

•  

I am having the same problem ? but my report is on update panel which is triggered by a button

Please let me know if you have found something  

any clues will help

Thanks

• Marked as answer by M Thomas Wednesday, August 27, 2008 4:46 PM
    Friday, May 2, 2008 12:19 AM

All replies

• Just as an update to this question.

Problem not solved yet, but to put it more simply:

If the 'report' button in the aspx is clicked after a postback, the error above occurs.

It the page was not loaded as a postback, the error does not occur.

Mike Thomas
    Thursday, November 29, 2007 4:39 PM
  •  

I am having the same problem ? but my report is on update panel which is triggered by a button

Please let me know if you have found something  

any clues will help

Thanks

• Marked as answer by M Thomas Wednesday, August 27, 2008 4:46 PM
    Friday, May 2, 2008 12:19 AM
  • Remove the update panel.  The report viewer doesn't work with it.
    Tuesday, December 23, 2008 9:42 PM
  • I have a master page in which I have a UpdatePanel in which my content place holder is available for all my pages.

So in my page I have a report which is generating the same problem for me (out of some 50+ screens that master page uses I have report in some 10 screens). I cannot remove the UpdatePanel since that will affect all my pages. Is there a way out ?
    KingCobra [BalaVikram]
    Wednesday, August 5, 2009 6:46 AM