Limit access to a certain area on a page of my web application RRS feed

• Question

• User-504098406 posted

There is a web page in my application where when I click on a specific link on the page, a window pops up with a form. I want that when a user clicks on the specific link on the pagefor the pop up form, it checks to see if another user had already clicked on this link and is using the pop up form. If yes, then there should be a message displayed "This section is currently in use by another user". If no, then the current user can go ahead and click on the link for the pop up form to appear.

How do I do this?

Sunday, July 22, 2012 7:15 PM

Answers

• User-1954078539 posted

Hi,

You can keep a column in DB and Update that field to some specific value when one user click that popup. Before clicking that button check with the DB and give message. While closing that popup dont forget to u[pdate again the DB.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 6:15 AM

All replies

• User197322208 posted

it checks to see if another user had already clicked on this link and is using the pop up form.

Put into the Application the name of the user using the form

Application["FormName"] = UserName'

and then check (be sure to remove it sometimes)

Sunday, July 22, 2012 11:23 PM
  • User-1954078539 posted

Hi,

You can keep a column in DB and Update that field to some specific value when one user click that popup. Before clicking that button check with the DB and give message. While closing that popup dont forget to u[pdate again the DB.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, July 25, 2012 6:15 AM