[wp8.1]How Existing users of my app gets a notification? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Does anybody can guide me on how to update my app in store such that,

existing users of my app need to get a notification that the app has been updated.

Version in my Package.appxmanifest file is Major =1 minor=2 Build=0 Revision =1

Monday, February 1, 2016 10:33 AM

Answers

• There won't be a notification if the user lets the store update apps automatically. Then the user automatically gets your new app. If the user set it to manually, then there will be no notification unless the user manually checks for new apps in the store.

Dennis Bakker | Hobby developer | Microsoft Community Contributor

If you think this post is an answer to the question, please propose or mark this post as answer.

If you find this post helpful, please vote for this post.

• Marked as answer by rmurali.mcp Thursday, February 4, 2016 5:36 AM
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 5:41 PM

All replies

• You can't with your old app. You need to build your own method in your new app which at startup downloads that information from a website or web api or if you don't have acces to a website or web api, from a shared file on your OneDrive or use Notification services. If you implement such a function in your new app, you can notify users in the future.
    Tuesday, February 2, 2016 6:59 PM
  • Hi DennisBakker71,

Thanks for your valuable response.

If i didn't implement any function,

by default whether there will be any notification to user about the new version of App ?

Wednesday, February 3, 2016 5:50 AM
  • There won't be a notification if the user lets the store update apps automatically. Then the user automatically gets your new app. If the user set it to manually, then there will be no notification unless the user manually checks for new apps in the store.

Dennis Bakker | Hobby developer | Microsoft Community Contributor

If you think this post is an answer to the question, please propose or mark this post as answer.

If you find this post helpful, please vote for this post.

• Marked as answer by rmurali.mcp Thursday, February 4, 2016 5:36 AM
    Wednesday, February 3, 2016 5:41 PM
  • Hi DennisBakker71

Thanks for your response.

Thursday, February 4, 2016 9:33 AM