none
needed 32 bit but lost office as a result RRS feed

• Question

• Hi.  I had to install a 32 bit version of an excel interface on my second pc in order for another MS product's debug mode to work.  From what I remember I got prompted basically asking if it was ok to remove conflicting products.  Unfortunately one of those products turned out to be office.  And I had to reply yes because the other item is very important.

How can I get office back while retaining that 32 bit interface?  I'll go back to my notes momentarily to get the proper name of that 32 bit item and post it here along with the download location.   I'm pretty sure a 64 bit office (2010) install can coexist with the same (or equivalent) 32 bit item but i'm trying to verify.  

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I confirmed with Microsoft Office forum moderator, he said it is not supported, the workaround is modify registry key (As I provided), but not recommend.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by db042190 Monday, November 9, 2015 1:27 PM
    Monday, November 9, 2015 5:54 AM

All replies

• here is the specific product etc...

What I finally got to work was uninstall of Microsoft Office and download/install of access 32 bit driver from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255  . 

Tuesday, November 3, 2015 5:35 PM
  • yes, I have verified that my first pc has a 64 bit version of office installed and on that machine I can run debug mode on that other product presumably with the 32 bit access driver.  I don't know exactly where to look for that driver on pc #1 to be 100% sure.  Will look for that as time permits.
    Tuesday, November 3, 2015 6:21 PM
  • Hi,

>> What I finally got to work was uninstall of Microsoft Office and download/install of access 32 bit driver from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255.

Do you mean the issue is solved?

>> I don't know exactly where to look for that driver on pc #1 to be 100% sure

I think this issue is related to the windows, you may post it to windows client forum.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 1:54 AM
  • no the issue isn't resolved, that post just summarizes what I did .  The problem it caused was that I seemed forced to uninstall office in order to do that install.  So the original post sounds like an excel question to me.

The question about finding the access driver on pc# 1 is my way of saying that if I knew what name the equivalent driver was installed with on pc#1 (I didn't do that install) , I could help you the experts to believe me that I have a 64 bit version of office installed side by side with a 32 bit access driver on the same machine (#1) without conflict.  The person who built pc#1 has retired so I cant ask him how he pulled this off. 

• Edited by db042190 Wednesday, November 4, 2015 4:15 PM clarity
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 4:12 PM
  • Hi,

According to your description and reply, you need to install 64 bit version of office and 32 bit access driver without conflict, I think this issue is more related to office product, this forum is used for discussion the question/issue related to development. You may post it to Microsoft Office forum. After you open a new thread, you may post the link here.

On the other hand, in my opinion, it is not support to do that.

I find an article related it but not recommend.

# How to install 64-bit Microsoft Database Drivers alongside 32-bit Microsoft Office

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-install-64-bit-Microsoft-Database-Drivers-alongside-32-bit-Microsoft-Office.html

Regards

Starain

Friday, November 6, 2015 2:55 AM
  • can u or the moderator move it there (Microsoft Office) for me?  I see moderators do that all the time.
    Friday, November 6, 2015 2:03 PM
  • Hi,

I confirmed with Microsoft Office forum moderator, he said it is not supported, the workaround is modify registry key (As I provided), but not recommend.

Regards

Starain

• Marked as answer by db042190 Monday, November 9, 2015 1:27 PM
    Monday, November 9, 2015 5:54 AM