Graphics Window and Text Window RRS feed

• Question

• Wouldn't it be better for the grahics and text windows to remain hidden until you issue the command to show them? 

An example of the way it currently works is if I were to set the graphics window width to 300 the graphics window shows immediately.  I would think that what you should be able to do is to set everything into the graphics window (Like width, height, color, etc.) and then when you want it to actually show you would issue the command graphicswindow.show.  I believe that if it worked this way it would get rid of the flickering that occurs when you set in the commands then have to issue the hide command which is what you have to do now.

JR
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 2:59 PM
    Answerer

Answers

• I like Fremy's idea.  I wanted to make GraphicsWindow.Show() optional, but probably went too far with it being  too aggressive. 

I'll take a bug on this and fix it for v0.4 (first week of April).
    Sunday, March 15, 2009 7:25 AM

All replies

• I agree with you.

Or at least, it wil be great that calling .Hide() as first instruction in an application should create the window and don't show it.

GraphicsWindow.Hide()
        ' The init
        GraphicsWindow.Show()

Fremy VB & C#
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 4:59 PM
  • I like Fremy's idea.  I wanted to make GraphicsWindow.Show() optional, but probably went too far with it being  too aggressive. 

I'll take a bug on this and fix it for v0.4 (first week of April).
    Sunday, March 15, 2009 7:25 AM