none
Customazing the ribbon : VBA procs don't run RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have two VBA proc in the Global.mpt (connected on Project Online) : these procs are running fine when I launch them directly from the VBA editor. 

But when I try to launch them with a Click on the buttons in my custom ribbon, nothing move !

What did I miss?

Thanks for your help

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 12:15 PM

Answers

• Hi,

with a Projectt Online connection, you should move your macros in EGloabl. Are there any special reasons that you dont't want to do this?

Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Wednesday, October 11, 2017 5:28 PM
    Wednesday, October 11, 2017 5:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

did you customize your ribbon using Options menu or by a macro and XML?

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 2:52 PM
  • Barbara,

customized my ribbon using Options menu. 

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 3:53 PM
  • Hi,

sorry, I missed your "connected on Project Online". When connected to Project Online or Project Server, you cannot start a macro in (local) global.mpt with button in ribbon. In fact, you can only use macros without a file name before macro name in macro list in File - Options - Customize Ribbon.

It is the same for Project_Open/Project_Activate events: They will not run when in global.mpt and connected with Project Online.

Regards
    Barbara

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 4:42 PM
  • Barbara,

If I remove the "Global.MPT!" before each macro name in File - Options - Customize Ribbon, the result is the same : nothing move :(

Do we have to keep the macros in a project file ?

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 5:16 PM
  • Hi,

with a Projectt Online connection, you should move your macros in EGloabl. Are there any special reasons that you dont't want to do this?

Barbara

• Marked as answer by WLID1966 Wednesday, October 11, 2017 5:28 PM
    Wednesday, October 11, 2017 5:19 PM
  • Thanks a lot Barbara !

That works in EGlobal !

Wednesday, October 11, 2017 5:30 PM