none
[UWP]VS2017 UWP not producing appxupload

Question

• My app is currently in the store but was built as a Windows Phone 8.1 app, I have now re-developed the app into UWP.

I have associated my app in VS with the original store app on the dev centre.

When I do Store -> Create App Packages, I select YES to build packages to upload to the Windows Store.

I select x86, x64 and ARM in the next screen and select the CREATE button.

The solutions is built and an appxbundle file is created but there is no appxupload file

I have googled this but cant find any solution

Any help here appeciated

Monday, April 10, 2017 11:23 AM

All replies

• Hi!

That's normal.

You should have those files : 3 Appxsym files, 1 Appxbundle and certificat

Is this the same case with you?

Hope it wil be useful.

If it's good for you, can you mark this answer as answer of your question please?

Follow me on twitter : https://twitter.com/NordineMhoumadi

Download my NEW FREE application MCP PREPARATION in the Windows 10 Store for preparing your Microsoft Certification or test your skills in Microsoft Technologies;

Monday, April 10, 2017 8:06 PM
  • Hi MalBallUK,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Refer to your description, your issue is about the development of UWP. Since our forum is to discuss Visual Studio WPF/SL Designer, Visual Studio Guidance Automation Toolkit, Developer Documentation and Help System, and Visual Studio Editor, I will help you move this thread to the appropriate forum: Windows and Windows phone apps Windows Phone Development Developing Universal Windows apps to seek for a professional support, thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 5:30 AM
  • Hello,

For UWP apps, you can also upload .appxbundle file as your package so that you will only have one file to upload(.appxupload). This single bundle will contain all the necessary packages to deploy to devices with each processor architecture(x86, x64 and ARM).

If you just want to generate .appxupload file as your package, you can re-package your project and select "Never" in the "Generate app bundle" combo box.

You might refer to the App bundle to know more details about it:

"Visual Studio can generate an app bundle (.appxbundle) to reduce the size of the app that users download. This can be helpful if you've defined language-specific assets, a variety of image-scale assets, or resources that apply to specific versions of Microsoft DirectX."

But please note that once your app has already been published with .appxbundle package, you cannot go back with non-bundle format package in next update submission.

Hope this clarifies. If it's helpful, please mark it as answer so that other community can find it more conveniently.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 13, 2017 9:45 AM
  • I had the same issue that the appxupload file wasn't generated for ARM configuration.

My solution: I had to set the "Complie with .NET Native tool chain" checkbox in the project properties (which I previously deactivated because of serialization erros). I hope this helps!

If you are facing serialization errors after checking "tool chain" you have to configure the Default.rd.xml file (Runtime directives).

Freddy

Friday, May 26, 2017 8:41 AM