none
Finger Tracking or Facial Recognition? RRS feed

• Question

• Any plans to introduce to the KINECT SDK a robust approach to finger tracking or facial recognition, if not, then what are your recommendations to use for such criteria? I want to use facial recognition to identify the use, though I know this is achievable via available algorithms against RGB camera, whereas the finger tracking to open a wider range of gestures to be mapped to various controls over the targeted applications?

I asking you those features because I heard rumors that KINECT is getting an update to track fingers...don't know if that is true, can you validate if it is?

HR
    Sunday, July 10, 2011 8:54 AM

Answers

• Hi Hazem,

The team doesn't generally comment on specific future SDK features. We do keep track of the areas where people express interest, and that does influence the team's decisions about what new features to work on.

Monday, July 11, 2011 7:43 PM

All replies

• Hi Hazem,

The team doesn't generally comment on specific future SDK features. We do keep track of the areas where people express interest, and that does influence the team's decisions about what new features to work on.

Monday, July 11, 2011 7:43 PM
  • I'd like to throw in my vote for finger tracking. To do anything productive with applications, you really need some kind of finger tracking.
    Monday, July 11, 2011 8:44 PM