none
Confusion about net framwork and MS audio fix not working for audio stuttering on Win XP RRS feed

• Question

• Suddenly audio stutters and skips on my XP system. Video does a little too on a DVD, definitely the sound part. Whether from a CD, HD, online, DVD doesn't matter.  This is only the past couple days. I think after the last Windows update. Not positive.

I finally tracked down MS Fix-it for audio playback (Mats_Run.AudioPlayback) - downloaded that, launched it and it said I needed to download .Net Framework first.  After 2 hours doing that and installing version 4 (dotNetFx40_Full_setup) I tried running Fix it again and it doesn't recognise that Net is installed. It did fully install, as far as I can tell.

I rebooted, searched more help, even tried to install new sound drivers but that failed.  Would not install.

I am totally not very computer savvy - don't even know what Net Framework is for, though I now have 117MBS of it on my system.  Also 126MB updated DirectX something told me to get. (for something else tho - but thought that might give a clue)  Also updated to WMP 11.

If I can't solve this is there any harm in uninstall that huge .Net Framwork just put on there? Also what about that DirectX?  Is that needed or just taking us space?

Sure hope someone can help.  I miss my music.

Thank you.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 8:44 PM

Answers