none
Access databases RRS feed

• Question

• Afternoon everyone.  I have a question about the in-depth use of macros in Access 2013/2016.  I'm pretty new (2+ months) to Access in this capacity of creating forms.  I have created a form and in that form, I have all of my tables, queries, and reports needed to edit a form and create a report based on the data that I type.  So here's the dilemma,  recently I added some data to the form, but when I go to print,  I  get an error message that pops up stating "Return without GoSub".  I manage to close out the error box and the macro step dialog box appear.  It shows Arguments =[DateMod], date().  I look at the macro that shows Argument clause, but it looks fine to me.  Any help would be greatly appreciated with the assistance of this repeated error.  Thanks

Thursday, May 3, 2018 7:33 PM

Answers

•  I have resolved the issue with the GoSub error message.  I opened the form in Design View, and under the property sheet all tab,  I located the before Update and removed the macro filter.  For some strange <g class="gr_ gr_447 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="447" id="447">reason</g> I created the macro to run before the form.  Once I removed the filter and ran my form,  I was able to successfully populate my report.  I'm still rather new to Access,  so I'm pretty sure I'll be posting quite more Access questions until I get familiar with the ins and outs of Access. 
    • Edited by IT Slayer Tuesday, May 8, 2018 2:41 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Terry Xu - MSFT Wednesday, May 9, 2018 8:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by IT Slayer Wednesday, May 9, 2018 2:44 PM
    Tuesday, May 8, 2018 2:36 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I notice the issue is related to Access app. To better fix the issue, I help to move the thread to Access forum for more suggestion. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, May 4, 2018 5:12 AM
  • What is the command being run exactly?

As a side note, I'd recommend VBA over macros.  VBA is much easier to work with as a whole.  

Daniel Pineault, 2010-2017 Microsoft MVP
    Professional Support: http://www.cardaconsultants.com
    MS Access Tips and Code Samples: http://www.devhut.net

Friday, May 4, 2018 10:04 AM
  • When you get the Return without GoSub error, hit Ctrl+Break. This will start the debugger and I think you will see some VBA code. Post it here.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Friday, May 4, 2018 1:53 PM
  • Hello ITSlayer,

What's the state of the issue? If it is resolved, I would suggest you share your solution to help other developers who run into the same issue to resolve the similar issue. If not, please share more detail so we could try to reproduce your issue, such as the whole code, etc...

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 7, 2018 5:17 AM
  •  I have resolved the issue with the GoSub error message.  I opened the form in Design View, and under the property sheet all tab,  I located the before Update and removed the macro filter.  For some strange <g class="gr_ gr_447 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="447" id="447">reason</g> I created the macro to run before the form.  Once I removed the filter and ran my form,  I was able to successfully populate my report.  I'm still rather new to Access,  so I'm pretty sure I'll be posting quite more Access questions until I get familiar with the ins and outs of Access. 
    • Edited by IT Slayer Tuesday, May 8, 2018 2:41 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Terry Xu - MSFT Wednesday, May 9, 2018 8:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by IT Slayer Wednesday, May 9, 2018 2:44 PM
    Tuesday, May 8, 2018 2:36 PM
  • Hello IT Slayer,

I'm glad to hear that your issue is resolved and I would suggest you mark your solution as answer to help other developers who runs into the same issue solve the issue.  You are welcome to post threads if you have any other Access issue.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 9, 2018 8:09 AM