none
Windows Common Controls TreeView daectivated in VBA, Word RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using the treeview control in a word add-in. after yesterdays windows update, the add-in does not start any more.

I learnt that there is a vulnarability in Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0, so it seems to be deactivated. How can a get an updated control, since the update diden't replace the  Microsoft Windows Common Controls 6.0 (date of MSCOMCTL.OCX is still 14. february 2012).

• Moved by Youen Zen Monday, April 16, 2012 4:47 AM Not VB issue (From:Visual Basic General)
    Friday, April 13, 2012 3:27 PM

All replies

• Hi BuggySoftwareHater,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

This is a VBA issue. In order to give you a better support, I will move it from “Visual Basic General” forum to “Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)” forum.

Thank you for your understanding!

Best regards,

Shanks Zen
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Monday, April 16, 2012 4:45 AM
  • Since the support-team of Microsoft Switzerland was not able to even realize what the problem is (they did not even know what an ActiveX is), I had to dig some more hours to find the solution.

Here it is:

To resolve this issue, delete the cached versions of the control type libraries (extender files) on the client computer. To do this, search your hard disk for files that have the ".exd" file name extension and delete all the .exd files that you find. These .exd files will be re-created automatically when you use the new controls the next time that you use VBA. These extender files will be under the user's profile and may also be in other locations, such as the following: 
    C:\documents and settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Forms
    C:\documents and settings\username\AppData\Local\Temp\VBE

Markus Schmid

Monday, April 16, 2012 7:13 AM
  • I know you have resolved your problem so this is just for information.

Here is the MS KB article,

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2598039

Cheers,

Andy
    www.andypope.info

Monday, April 16, 2012 8:51 AM
  • I wrote et Wiki about that 12/4/2012

200 workstations are failure that time in my company

Oskar Shon, Office System MVP

Press if Helpful; Answer when a problem solved

Thursday, April 26, 2012 11:01 AM
    Answerer