Show Table Data in VS Studio 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• User1604699451 posted

In my new VS2012 Ultimate install, everything generally works fine, I'm able to work on my application Ok.

However, I no longer have the "Show Table Data" right click option in Server Explorer.

Following the advice in here:

http://forums.asp.net/t/1835391.aspx/1

...I can add a new connect, point to my .mdf, and then I have the "Show Table Data" option.

But...

1) Then I have two connections to the same .mdf, one with a connection string from web.config, and the other the one I set up manually using the above.

2) When I close VS2012, and re-open it, the connection that I added manually is gone, so I have to re-add it to look at table data

3) Add the connection manually caused one of my web.config connection string connections to stop working so I can not run debug.(restored on close/open VS2012), 

Looking at table data is critical to debugging.  Having to stop and restart VS2012 to accomplish this throught the Server View is highly inefficient.

Question:  What's going on here, and is there a better way to do this, that does not have the problems 1, 2, and 3?

Any help with this would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

Saturday, June 29, 2013 7:04 PM

Answers