Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and SQL 2008 SSRS Configuration issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Windows 7 Home Premium x64 laptop that I am trying to install SQL 2008 (Developer Edition x64) SSRS on and I am having an issue. While the rest of the SQL 2008 DE server seems to be working, SSRS doesn't seem to want to install with a report server database. I have installed and re-installed SP1 for SQL 2008, un-installed and re-installed the SSRS feature with no luck. I have uninstalled IIS 7 as a feature in Windows 7, the O/S is full patched, and SQL is using a named instance. When I re-install the SSRS feature using NT_Authority/Local service, the "Install, But Do Not Configure The Report Server" (InstalationMode: FilesOnlyMode) is selected and I cannot select any other option (ie Default). When I go to the Reporting Service Configuration Manager tool (finds the local instance and logs in just fine using the system user) to the "database" section and "create a new database" I get a error where SQL claims it has an authentication or named pipes error in finding the instance, and I cannot create the reporting database.

Has anyone else seen this error? Should I be able to select "default" when installing the SSRS feature with Windows 7 Home Premium?

It seems to me like either an authentication issue (local) or a bad SQL install, but I am unable to resolve it.

Thanks! 
    Saturday, February 20, 2010 1:25 PM

Answers

• Resolved, it was a bad install. Lots of exception/time out errors during the Windows 7 install, even though the system checker reports no problems. I had to do the install 3 times to get through it. Maybe slip streaming in SP1 might make a difference.

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by Jerry Nee Monday, February 22, 2010 9:36 AM
    Monday, February 22, 2010 1:34 AM