none
Print Preview looks different than the print out (fonts) RRS feed

• Question

• Good Morning all,

The is how it looks like on print Preview (or when you print to PDF programmatically)

This is the print out (I tried different printers, local, network, etc, etc. Same result)

What I am doing wrong?

Thank you,

John

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:17 PM

All replies

•  What does your code in the PrintPage event look like? 

If you say it can`t be done then i`ll try it

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 4:50 PM
  • Hi

Thank you for answering my post.

No code on the printpage event

I have only this:

Imports Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms
    Public Class fprint_pl
        Private Sub fprint_pl_Load(sender As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
            Me.Text = "SO_" & curr_so
            Me.Icon = My.Resources.printer
            Me.shp_soTableAdapter.Fill(Me.dataset_pso.shp_so, curr_so)
            Me.shp_solTableAdapter.Fill(Me.dataset_psol.shp_sol, curr_so)

Dim mypara01 As New ReportParameter("para_cust", My.Settings.note_cust)
            ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(mypara01)

Dim mypara02 As New ReportParameter("para_ship", My.Settings.note_shp)
            ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(mypara02)

Me.ReportViewer1.RefreshReport()
        End Sub
    End Class

John

• Edited by Bre-x Tuesday, September 19, 2017 5:13 PM
    Tuesday, September 19, 2017 5:12 PM
  • Bre,

See if this os update sounds like the problem?

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/e24d70b0-1ad7-4b91-a65f-b03e9c77fded/report-viewer-print-layout-different?forum=vbgeneral

Look into the screen text resolution setting for dpi.

Also a possible font not on system problem?

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 5:38 PM
  • Hi,

Thank you for answering my post.

I follow your link and took a quick look. Rendering font issue, DPI, GDI, EMF, etc, etc. All those terms are outside my comfort zone.

What I found interesting is that it is not only happening on my computer but others as well.

For now I will settle to print to PDF programmatically. Maybe latter version of VS will no have this issue? (BTW, I am using VS 2010, SQL 2008 R2, and Windows 7)

Thank you for the link.

John

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 6:11 PM
  • Hi Bre-x,

According to your description, you said that Print Preview fonts looks different than the paper, I search and find many people encounter this issue, but I have not found the exact solution for the time being.

I find one same issue thread that you can refer to,

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/24289012/report-viewer-control-changes-font-on-print-print-preview

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017 8:09 AM
  • Hello,

I still dealing with this problem. A week ago I installed VS 2015 Professional. Problem is gone.

On another computer I installed VS 2015 Community version. Problem continues.

Why is that?

Print to Printer

Print to Printer

Friday, January 5, 2018 3:29 PM