none
how to link my new MSDN subcription with my exising MSDN logon RRS feed

• Question

• I had an MSDN subscription. Then it expired. Now I have purchased a new subscription and started the activation process. I used my current email address when activating this new subscription. How do I link this new subscription and email address with my existing windows live/msdn account?  The MSDN account and windows live account is associated with an email address from years ago that no longer exists.

Saturday, October 22, 2011 2:04 PM

Answers

• Hey Steve,

there's really 2 separate things going on here: the Live ID you want to use, and your subscription with its email address.  They dont need to be the same email address to use them.

The short answer to your question is that you need these 4 pieces of information for each subscription: First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Subscriber ID.  You need this for both your new subscription and for your old one.  

To use them,

1) go here:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/add and log in with your current Live ID.

2) Fill out the form with the 4 pieces of information for your new subscription, accept the agreement, and click OK.

3) Repeat Steps 1 and 2 for your old subscription.

If you continue to see issues, go ahead and click on the 'site feedback' link at the bottom of one of these pages and that'll contact me directly, and I'll work with you privately to get it resolved.

Thanks,
    Mike 

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!
    Monday, October 24, 2011 3:42 PM