Database Mirroring RRS feed

• Question

• Disadvantage of Database Mirroring over Log shipping and why Microsoft has planned to  depreciate Mirroring?
    Thursday, February 18, 2016 5:47 AM

Answers

All replies

• Disadvantage of Database Mirroring over Log shipping and why Microsoft has planned to  depreciate Mirroring?

Go and ask Microsoft , would this not be better idea. You can eaisly find difference between mirroring and logshipping online please use this forum to ask questions which you really cannot find answer for after putting effort.

Yes Mirroring has some disadvantages and so it will be removed but still Mirroing is fully supported in 2008 R2 to 2016

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My Wiki Articles

MVP

Thursday, February 18, 2016 7:18 AM

Mirroring had many flaws, like while setting up, it gives you same generic errors for many reasons.

Also there is no need for Microsoft to fix Mirroring as they already have Always ON in place which is much superior and gives readable secondaries without the need of snapshots!

Regards,

Aniket

Thursday, February 18, 2016 8:39 AM
  • But Mirroring has at least one big advantage, it does not require nodes to be members of domain WSFC 

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Consulting: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance
    SQL Server Integration Services: Business Intelligence

• Marked as answer by saravana raj Friday, February 19, 2016 7:01 AM
    Thursday, February 18, 2016 8:46 AM
  • @Shanky_621

I would really try to do that :p , and I appreciate your effort to make this forum a better place.

I will come up with some really tough questions in the near future.....!

• Edited by saravana raj Thursday, February 18, 2016 8:57 AM
    Thursday, February 18, 2016 8:55 AM