Make this thread the start point for WFP!! no other thread is useful for new WFP programmer!! please (experts) help to enhance this forum ... RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm really so disappointed with WFP framework, no good examples no good tutorials, just partial code here and there

I want to start from scratch!! I don't like C++ but I have to use, can you please (experts in WFP) help beginners to understand this framework, (and don't tell us to read hundereds of pages on MSDN).

Anyone wrote WFP simple program from scratch just post your steps (Tools, Simple Files and simple projects)

for example lets start this discussion with writing a program to print a message on console application when packet arrives!!!

can anyone post this example with steps (very clear one) like what IDE you used, what header files you included ...

I'm intending to write introduction tutorial to this framework and publish it for all programmers ...
    Any example here I'll included in the tutorial, your name will be published with your site or email ...

Please everyone contribute to this simple yet very useful project.
    Sunday, December 12, 2010 8:59 PM

Answers

• I know I am dredging up an old thread, but we have listened.  Please take a look at the WFPSampler (http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Windows-Filtering-Platform-27553baa) in the WDK.  It is a functioning firewall written using C / C++ and WFP.

Hope this helps

Dusty Harper [MSFT]
    Microsoft Corporation
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

Friday, September 21, 2012 9:49 PM

All replies

• No one can write program in C++ and WFP to print hello message when a packet received .????

That's bad!!

Sunday, December 12, 2010 11:36 PM
  • I know I am dredging up an old thread, but we have listened.  Please take a look at the WFPSampler (http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/Windows-Filtering-Platform-27553baa) in the WDK.  It is a functioning firewall written using C / C++ and WFP.

Hope this helps

Dusty Harper [MSFT]
    Microsoft Corporation
    This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

Friday, September 21, 2012 9:49 PM