Desktop App Converter -PackageName Error RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to convert my app for the windows store using Desktop App Converter.

If I set the -PackageName option to the Package/Identity/Name given in the dashboard, Desktop App Converter stops with a write error for -PackageName.

But if I put -PackageName to the display name that I want, when I submit the appx file to the windows store I get: Invalid package identity name: and Invalid package family name:

My Pakage/Identity/name takes the form 1234MyApp.5678. If I leave out the '5678' and the period then Desktop App Converter completes its run. But of course when I try to submit the appx file to the windows store I the Invalid package identity name and Invalid package family name errors.

• Edited by Matt Chi Wednesday, February 6, 2019 8:00 AM
    Wednesday, February 6, 2019 7:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to the document here:Package a desktop application using the Desktop App Converter, it mentions that:"-PackageName parameter is the name of your Universal Windows App package. If Partner Center assigns an identity to your package that begins with a number, make sure that you also pass in the -AppId parameter, and use only the string suffix (after the period separator) as the value of that parameter." So have you tried to pass the string suffix after the period separator as -AppId parameter in your DAC conversion command?

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 7, 2019 6:53 AM
  • Hi Matt Chi,

Could you fill the identity element in the appxmanifest file as I shown in the following image? After that, if you still have issue, please post here.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 15, 2019 8:54 AM