Error in an webAPI (An error has occurred message) RRS feed

• Question

• User1291657044 posted

I deployed a webAPI in Azure and it is erroring out with this message. I gathered it from the failed log trace. However, the dll exists in the bin folder and also the Packages folder. What does this possibly mean if it already exists? It is deployed to azure.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Owin, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. 

Monday, July 31, 2017 5:25 AM

All replies

• User283571144 posted

Hi eyobzeleke,

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Owin, Version=3.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. 

In general, this means that the .NET Assembly loader could not find the assembly with specific version that was referenced. Please make sure this assembly with version 3.1.0.0 could be found in your Azure website and the version matches the definition in your web.config via KUDU or FTP client.

Firstly. I suggest you could use KUDU console in azure web app to check you have already uploaded the Microsoft.Owin.dll.

More details about how to check it, you could refer to below image:

If this file is already exists in the kudu and match the version in the web.config and package.config. I suggest you could also check the application is working well in the local IIS.

If this application is working well in the local, you could firstly publish to the local IIS and use FTP to copy all the application from local IIS to the azure web app by using ftp.

If this operation also doesn't solve your issue, I suggest you could post the details information about your web config and package.config file for us to repro the issue.  

Best Regards,

Brando

Tuesday, August 1, 2017 8:27 AM