none
WorkPlace Join Windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have workplace join for windows 7 machines.As windows 7 registers per Device and per User whenever a new user tries to logon to the PC we get the error “You cannot get there…..” message and the only way for us to get this PC working is by running the below commands first to leave and join again and it works after that.

%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Workplace Join\AutoWorkplace.exe /leave 

%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Workplace Join\AutoWorkplace.exe /Join 

We can include this in the scheduled task but that means everytime a user logs into the pc it does the /leave and  /join which is not the efficient way of getting this to work.

What i was looking for is if there is any way that i can script  to check during logon if the user has a profile on the pc,if so it just runs the scheduled task /join.

If a user logs onto the pc for the first time i.e new profile then the scheduled task for /leave and /join should run in sequence.Could you please let me know the solution/script for this so that i would like to test and implement this.

• Moved by Bill_Stewart Saturday, June 24, 2017 6:40 PM Off-topic
    Friday, April 28, 2017 10:49 AM

All replies

• WorkPlace join only needs to be run once per system.

Post in the Win 7  deployment forum for help with setting this up.  It is not a scripting issue.

\_(ツ)_/

Friday, April 28, 2017 10:58 AM