none
Bing maps V7 to V8 loadModule issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are migrating from bing maps v7 to v8.

when I am calling below function, call is not going into loadModule(). So the cluster is not appearing on the map. Please help me to resolve the issue.

I kept alert to debug the code

function CreateOverviewMap() {
    var overviewMap = new Microsoft.Maps.Map(
    document.getElementById("overviewMap"),
    {
    width : 800,
    height : 600,
    mapTypeId : Microsoft.Maps.MapTypeId.road,
    zoom : 2,
    credentials : "BING_MAPS_KEY"
    });

Microsoft.Maps.loadModule('Microsoft.Maps.Clustering', function () {
    // Creating sample Pushpin data within map view
    alert('Test');
    var pushpins = Microsoft.Maps.TestDataGenerator.getPushpins(1000, overviewMap.getBounds());
    var clusterLayer = new Microsoft.Maps.ClusterLayer(pushpins, { gridSize: 100 });
    overviewMap.layers.insert(clusterLayer);
    });

}

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 10:52 AM

Answers

• Try setting the zoom level of the map to 3 instead of 2. What I suspect is happening is the TestDataGenerator is generating pushpins that are everywhere but where you are looking due to the bounding box crossing the international date line.

[Blog] [twitter] [LinkedIn]

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 4:05 PM
  • which browser are you using? I believe there is a know issue with loading modules in IE10. I believe a fix has been added to the experimental branch and will be rolled into the release branch within a month. Try added &branch=experimental to the map script URL. Also, can you provide the map script URL you are using in your code.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:51 PM

All replies

• Try setting the zoom level of the map to 3 instead of 2. What I suspect is happening is the TestDataGenerator is generating pushpins that are everywhere but where you are looking due to the bounding box crossing the international date line.

Wednesday, June 29, 2016 4:05 PM
  • My problem is while debugging the code it is not at all entering into the Microsoft.Maps.loadModule() function. is Something I forgot to add ?

Thursday, June 30, 2016 6:16 AM
  • which browser are you using? I believe there is a know issue with loading modules in IE10. I believe a fix has been added to the experimental branch and will be rolled into the release branch within a month. Try added &branch=experimental to the map script URL. Also, can you provide the map script URL you are using in your code.

Thursday, June 30, 2016 1:51 PM