Column Bulk editing - Fill down option? RRS feed

• Question

• In a Document Library, is it possible either in a DataSheet view or Quick Edit to update multiple cells in a column, similar to this? http://www.nothingbutsharepoint.com/2010/08/02/sharepoint-convert-folder-structures-to-metadata-aspx/

When I right click, I have no Paste or Fill Down option at all.  Is there a keyboard shortcut that would do this? 

I've tried multiple machines with multiple browsers and have no right-click or paste option available to populate multiple cells.

Thank you,

Chad

Thursday, November 5, 2015 4:39 PM

Answers

• If you select a cell in the datasheet view there will be a small black square in the bottom right corner. You can then Drag that down to fill down.

You can also C&P but you have to use the keyboard shortcuts as there is no right click option.

• Proposed as answer by Dean_Wang Friday, November 6, 2015 8:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by UNM Law School Friday, November 6, 2015 3:08 PM
    Thursday, November 5, 2015 4:48 PM

All replies

• If you select a cell in the datasheet view there will be a small black square in the bottom right corner. You can then Drag that down to fill down.

You can also C&P but you have to use the keyboard shortcuts as there is no right click option.

• Proposed as answer by Dean_Wang Friday, November 6, 2015 8:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by UNM Law School Friday, November 6, 2015 3:08 PM
    Thursday, November 5, 2015 4:48 PM
  • Alex,

Thank you, that was exactly what I needed.  You've saved me and a bunch of other people tons of time!

Regards,

Chad

Thursday, November 5, 2015 5:01 PM
  • Hi UNM,

You can mark Alex's reply as answer to close the case.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Dean Wang

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 6, 2015 8:39 AM