none
How can i read BCC Address from email uisng Exchnage Web Service (EWS) API? RRS feed

• Question

• i sent the email using owa of office 365 development account with CC and BCC Address.

then i am  trying to read the To,CC and BCC address using EWS API , i am able to get the TO and CC recipient addess but  i am not able to get the BccRecipients list from email using Exchange Web Service.

Could you please suggest me how to get the BCC Addresses from email using EWS?

Thursday, August 7, 2014 6:26 PM

All replies

• The BCC field is an envelope field so it should always return blank on any message to conform with the RFC, the only time BCC is valid is when your sending Message. In what context are you trying to access it ?

Cheers
    Glen

Friday, August 8, 2014 4:41 AM
  • Thanks for your reply

i want to read the BCC address from the Recipient mailbox account using EWS API.

but i am unable to get the BCC Recipient from the EWS Api.

Thanks in Advance

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 9:11 AM
  • The BCC field will always be blank in the recipients mailbox this is by design. There is no reliable way to do this that I know of you can check all the recipients of a Message using the TO and CC and if you don't find that mailbox you can assume a BCC, but this won't work in the case of forwards etc. From a technical perspective a forward and BCC would look exactly the same (eg just another recipient on the envelope).

Cheers
    Glen

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 5:11 AM
  • Is there any way to get the BCC Address from recipient mailbox using EWS API?

Thanks in Advance

Thursday, August 21, 2014 6:51 AM
  • Hi Prasad,

as Glen was trying to tell you:

There is no way.

To the best of my knowledge (more limited than Glen's, I'll admit), Exchange strips the STMP Envelope information (including BCC) before the mail arrives at the target mailbox. All that would end up in the mailbox would be email header and body. BCC is part of neither and thus can never be retrieved on the recipient's side. It is stored on the sender's side.

The only thing I can imagine working would be envelope journaling on the recipient's transport server before the email is delivered (though that may be of limited use for bcc recipients on other servers - the relaying mail server will probably have stripped all other bcc'ed recipients.

Cheers and sorry for the bad news,
    Fred

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Thursday, August 21, 2014 3:27 PM