none
From windows mobile se To windows mobile embedded handheld 6.5 classic RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to recompile project in vbnet 2005 From windows mobile se (device Falcon) To windows mobile embedded handheld 6.5  classic (device ds5).
    The first form was decreased. What should I do?     

How can I handle the form size?       

What must be instead of "... Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms.InputPanel" if we use Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 Classic instead of Windows SE ?

What should be instead of Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms in references if we use Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 Classic instead of Windows SE ?
    • Edited by TomasRat Monday, September 21, 2015 12:51 PM
    • Moved by Reed KimbleMVP Monday, September 21, 2015 2:00 PM Windows Embedded Question
    • Moved by Sean LimingMVP Friday, February 12, 2016 10:28 PM Mobile Post
    Sunday, September 20, 2015 8:33 AM

All replies

• There should be a way to query the device's screen size and set the form to that size when it is loaded.  I don't know that we'll be able to assist with the particulars here because you are using the embedded version and not the full .net runtime.

There isn't a forum for Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5 but there is one for Embedded 2009 which I believe is what Handheld 6.5 was derived from, so that forum may be an option.  This thread can be moved there if you wish.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Sunday, September 20, 2015 4:40 PM
  • Hi, thank you Reed Kimble. I wish this thread to be moved there for Embedded 2009.
    Sunday, September 20, 2015 4:53 PM
  • There is a forum for Windows Mobile and it is here: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=windowsmobiledev

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide SIM (WEI), Pro Guide to WE8S & WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Monday, September 21, 2015 2:51 PM
  • I've been developing on Windows Embedded handheld Classic 6.5 for years, it is also known as Windows Mobile 6.5, my devices are running WinCE OS 5.2.29040 with .NET CompactFramework 3.5.

You should still be able to use Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms.InputPanel as it is available for this version of the OS and was present in the .NET CompactFramework 2.0.  I'm not familiar with Windows SE, unless you are talking about Windows 98 Second Edition, so a sample snippet of what isn't working would be more help.

As far as Form Size goes you can access System.Windows.Forms.Screen.PrimaryScreen and use either the Bounds Rectangle of the WorkingArea Rectangle to extract the Width and/or Height.  I normally use the WorkingArea as Bounds is the size of the display whereas the WorkingArea excluds TaskBars, Docked Windows, and Docked ToolBars.

Wednesday, September 30, 2015 3:10 PM