none
My App Title is NOT localized in the Marketplace!!! RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

your mail support is very, very, bad!!! Linda is not answering and not reading my mails! She is only looking for keywords and then she reply with templates!!!

My App is localized in German and English.  The App Title is also localized!

WMAppManifext.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Deployment xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/windowsphone/2009/deployment" AppPlatformVersion="7.1">
      <App xmlns="" ProductID="{36312e1a-007e-46ad-9fb4-34b34dffc4d1}" Title="@AppResLib.dll,-100" RuntimeType="Silverlight" Version="1.0.0.0" Genre="apps.normal" Author="Sascha Lange" Description="Sample description" Publisher="MySubscriptions">
        <IconPath IsRelative="true" IsResource="false">ApplicationIcon.png</IconPath>
        <Capabilities>

</Capabilities>
        <Tasks>
          <DefaultTask Name="_default" NavigationPage="MainPage.xaml" />
        </Tasks>
        <Tokens>
          <PrimaryToken TokenID="MySubscriptionsToken" TaskName="_default">
            <TemplateType5>
              <BackgroundImageURI IsRelative="true" IsResource="false">Background.png</BackgroundImageURI>
              <Count>0</Count>
              <Title>@AppResLib.dll,-200</Title>
            </TemplateType5>
          </PrimaryToken>
        </Tokens>
      </App>
    </Deployment>

in csproj File:

<SupportedCultures>de;
        </SupportedCultures>

The localized App Title is working great on any devices and emulator. But in the Marketplace only the English App Title is shown for ALL markets, but in German Markets I want the German App Title!

Regards,

Sascha

• Moved by Gary F Monday, September 24, 2012 10:55 PM Incorrectly Categorized (From:Submitting and Publishing Apps)
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 8:17 AM

Answers

• Thanks to Shaun!

The solution is:

When I started developing my App, the latest SDK version was 7.1.  In the meantime 7.1.1 was released. This new version is necessary, otherwise the localized App Title is not working!

So it seems they made some changes in 7.1.1 regarding the Localized App Title Support.

So it is very important, that the Dev Center do not accept XAP-Files, which were build with an older version of the SDK, because the developer can't know that the localized App Title is not working because of using SDK 7.1, because the localized App Title was working on the device, only in the Marketplace it was not shown correctly.

• Marked as answer by Sascha L Friday, September 28, 2012 8:35 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2012 8:35 AM

All replies

• I also tried "de-DE", but my App Title is still not localized in the Marketplace, so there is definitely an issue in the Marketplace!

This is really the worst support I've seen in my whole life!!!

Monday, September 24, 2012 9:38 AM
  • Why the hell do you moved this thread to an absolutely wrong forum???

It is NOT an issue of my app!!!

There is an issue in your Marketplace and no one is fixing it and no one is responding to it!

Still the worst support ever!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:30 AM
  • Thanks to Shaun!

The solution is:

When I started developing my App, the latest SDK version was 7.1.  In the meantime 7.1.1 was released. This new version is necessary, otherwise the localized App Title is not working!

So it seems they made some changes in 7.1.1 regarding the Localized App Title Support.

So it is very important, that the Dev Center do not accept XAP-Files, which were build with an older version of the SDK, because the developer can't know that the localized App Title is not working because of using SDK 7.1, because the localized App Title was working on the device, only in the Marketplace it was not shown correctly.

• Marked as answer by Sascha L Friday, September 28, 2012 8:35 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2012 8:35 AM
  • I have tried the localized app title in Windows Phone store, but it is not work in wp8 app.
    But 'The Amazing Spider-Man' did it. This a WP8 game, not support WP7.

http://www.windowsphone.com/ja-jp/store/app/%e3%82%a2%e3%83%a1%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%b3%e3%82%b0-%e3%82%b9%e3%83%91%e3%82%a4%e3%83%80%e3%83%bc%e3%83%9e%e3%83%b3/df3d8638-3369-4aa4-90f3-aa2df9b95aa8

So, localizing app title in Windows Phone store is possible.
    Any one can tell me how to do?

Sunday, March 17, 2013 1:22 AM