none
MSDN Licensing

Question

• Hi, I installed Visual Studio Pro. using an MSDN license.

recently I was asked to modify our VB6 programs (Upgrading is not an option). 

Now, I need to install VB6 (using MSDN lic.) 

Do I need to uninstall first the VSPro before installing VB6? What If I want to install the VB6 to a different machine?

Thank you,

Chong

Friday, August 26, 2016 12:23 AM

Answers

All replies

• Now, I need to install VB6 (using MSDN lic.) 

MS no longer supports VS6 solutions  -- good luck.

Friday, August 26, 2016 1:46 AM
  • Hi Chong.Ang,

This forum is to discuss and ask questions about the Visual Basic programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools. I have moved your issue Visual Studio General forum for help.

Thank you for participating in the forum activities.

Best Reagrds,

Neda Zhang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, August 26, 2016 3:43 AM
  • Hi Chong.Ang

>>Do I need to uninstall first the VSPro before installing VB6? What If I want to install the VB6 to a different machine?

No, there is no need to uninstall the VSPro. But as said by Da924x, Microsoft doesn't support VB6 now.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Saturday, August 27, 2016 8:12 AM
  • You don't need to uninstall Visual Studio Pro.

The VB6 IDE runs on Windows 7,8 and 10.

Installing VB6 can be a little difficult though, use this Installer for the VB6 programming IDE

The VB6 runtime is included in Windows 7,8 and 10.

VB6 is supported on Windows, on Windows 10 that is until at least 2025. VB6 runtime support on Windows

Microsoft VB6 programming support statement: VB6 support statement

Sunday, August 28, 2016 11:19 AM