[Bug] Using wildcards in jsproj files causes VS2013 to not respond anymore RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to use the msbuild include directive of

<Content Include="js\**\*.js" />

to always have the file systems current set of files included in my project. While this seems to work at first, clicking any of the so included files in the Solution Explorer freezes VS.

Its also not possible to combine such wildcard included files with a "Link" directive to have it placed in a virtual folder inside the project.

Monday, March 10, 2014 9:53 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi phil_ke,

I tried the same thing, a blank WinJS project has been created and I wrote the "content include" in my jsproj, however I can not reproduce the issue, I can open all the files successfully and VS will never freeze.

If you read other part of the code, you should be able to see that files exist on the project are all included by code. 

I strongly suggest you to try with a blank project to see if the same thing happens, if yes, I think fix VS should be a solution, if not, the problem might be in your project itself. 

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 2:03 AM
  • It does load the project in VS Express but freezes in Ultimate.

Do you have an idea, how to add the "Link" feature to using wildcards? I would like to include "..\js\**.js" from my unit test project but place all the files in the virtual folder "app" inside the unit test project.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014 10:16 AM
  • Hi phil_ke,

My test environment is VS 2013 Ultimate.

You may need to fix your VS for your situation, and you can get help from VS general forum for a step by step tips: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/home?forum=visualstudiogeneral

Besides, the configuration for jsproj file can be a MSBuild issue, Take a look: How to: Select the Files to Build, I'm not familiar with such question, but we do have a forum for this: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=msbuild

Hope helps.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, March 14, 2014 7:39 AM