none
which pass for silent install of vcredist 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know which is the best pass to install vcredist 2008?

I tried P4 and I get one of those mysterious errors (I'll dig it out later) yet everything else installs just fine at that time. Intel Graphics, ASMedia USB 3, vcredist 2010.

=^x^=

Monday, September 24, 2012 12:45 AM

Answers

• Pass 7 is the best. Do this for both vcredist 2008 and 2010.

-Sean

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

• Marked as answer by P 'Bunny' E Monday, September 24, 2012 2:04 AM
    Monday, September 24, 2012 1:04 AM

All replies

• Pass 7 is the best. Do this for both vcredist 2008 and 2010.

-Sean

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

• Marked as answer by P 'Bunny' E Monday, September 24, 2012 2:04 AM
    Monday, September 24, 2012 1:04 AM
  • Thank you for the speedy reply. 

P7 is oobesystem though, which is when the customer first powers up the box on site. That means that the application installer would also have to run in P7.

Isn't that a bit late?

=^x^=

Monday, September 24, 2012 2:04 AM
  • No. These should have run on the first install on the target machine, and then you run sysprep with the unattended file. You don't include these sync commands in the unattend file since the installers are already finished.

-Sean

Monday, September 24, 2012 3:43 AM
  • The light dawns, it's not very powerful being an LED...

I shall give it a try. But first, to persuade intel graphics to do its own Out-of-box magic.

=^x^=

Monday, September 24, 2012 4:57 AM