Failed to get data, If available, errors returned from the provider. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have a sharepoint site with a lot of scorecards created.When i logon to the server with the domain account i can very well see the scorecards,pivot charts,KPI which uses cubes to fetch the data from.

But when i try accessing the same sharepoint portal system from any other s/m or a different client i can just see  the KPI and the KPIs shows an alert showing "Microsoft Office 2003 Web component Errors" ,Failed to get data.  If available, errors returned from the provider.

Pls note:- I have logged in to a s/m as a different user and i connect to the SP site giving different credentials.What I have noticed is that domain login id using which i have logged in to the s/m gets passed  to the cubes,and as there are no permissions for that user to access the cubes,it returns no data.

Now my question is how do i pass the credentials used by the SP site to the cubes.

Any help would be of great help to me
    Many thanks
    Archana 
    Monday, July 24, 2006 4:24 AM

All replies

• Hi All..

Even am facing the same issue as Archana...

Unable to access the dashboard(Office Pivotchart in office 2003 web components) when I open it in Client machine..but am able to view them in the server(main server..same domain and pwd is given in client as well).Pivotcharts Show an alert "Microsoft Office 2003 Web component Errors" ,Failed to get data.  If available, errors returned from the provider

Tried checking the internet settings-->tools>access datasources across the domains option

Tried checking for roles and permissions in analysis db...am still yet to resolve:(

Please help us and guide us...

Thanks

Gayathri.b

Thursday, December 30, 2010 7:13 AM