none
office xml files - using it for automatic correction of documents RRS feed

• Question

• i am developing an automatic system for correction of office documents based on xml filesand format that it is being use to store data.

i have found that to develope the system, i will have to compare the values in the nodes and child nodes in both
    the original document and the other document.

i want to knw more about what the tags are and the best language i can use to develop the software.

thanks

Jeetah Deepak

Friday, August 14, 2009 4:27 AM

All replies

• Are you trying to perform some kind of diff when comparing two files? Could you explain your scenario a bit more?

Zeyad Rajabi (MS)
    Zeyad Rajabi (MS)
    Friday, August 14, 2009 11:15 PM
  • i want to compare the values in nodes from two different xml files and check if the are same!

i will use it for creating an application for automatic correction of word and excel files.

Saturday, August 15, 2009 6:41 PM
  • Maybe OpenXmlDiff can help you somehow--this tool with the SDK can show you the differences in the XML markups between two OOXML documents. As this diff is based on XML  markup, the diff would not only be the "values", if there are diff in namespace, relationshipId, etc...the tool will also show you them. Anyway, you may have a try.

Shuangshuang (MS)
    Monday, August 17, 2009 2:37 AM
  • ok thanks....

i have also found dom php interesting!!

i will try it

thxx
    Monday, August 17, 2009 1:41 PM
  • I'm not sure if I understand the question, but what about content controls? You create a template document containing content controls where people must fill in the answers (like a form). Afterwards you can programmatically check the values of the content controls against an xml-file with the correct answers or perhaps check the answers against the values of the same content controls in a pre-filled template.

Check this article on structured editing (using Word 2007 and its content controls): http://blogs.msdn.com/microsoft_office_word/archive/2006/10/30/What-does-structured-editing-mean-anyway_3F00_-_2800_Part-1_2900_.aspx
    Thursday, August 20, 2009 7:01 AM