Store is not opening in Windows Phone 8.1 Tablet

Question

• I developed one application in windows phone 8.1 using VS 2013. After creating "appx" i am not able to install on my windows phone tablet.This tablet does not have facility to connect through USB. So i used wifi to connect. I want to install this application on my tablet  so i am trying to open store to install application using locally option but store is not opened it gives me error 

We were unable to connect to the store. This might have happened because of a server problem

Friday, April 03, 2015 12:56 PM

Answers

• Is your device a phone or a tablet? There is no such thing as a 'Windows Phone tablet'. Did your app target the correct device type? Windows Phones and Windows tablets run separate operating systems, and apps aren't interchangeable.

You don't need to use the store to install an app you built. Use Visual Studio. Assuming your device is a tablet and the app targets Windows Store (and the app and device have compatible versions - e.g. you can't install a Windows 8.1 app on a Windows 8.0 device):

• Install the remote debugging tool onto your tablet (you need the correct version for Visual Studio and your device's CPU, e.g. the VS2013 version for x86 or ARM)
    • Launch the remote debugging tool on the tablet
    • With tablet and PC on the same network, select Remote machine as your debug target. You will see your tablet on a list that pops up, so select it (if your tablet doesn't appear you need to close the remote debug tool on the tablet and reload it - there is a bug/issue with Visual Studio 'forgetting' it)
    • Choose Build > Deploy solution from the main Visual Studio menu

The app should now install to your tablet.

If you are using a Windows phone you can of course plug the phone into the computer via USB and deploy directly.

I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.

Friday, April 03, 2015 2:53 PM