none
Manual ASR Agent Install RHEL RRS feed

• Question

• I am wondering where there is instructions on manual install of ASR Agent for RHEL OS. It appears the server is wanting a agent update, but errors out due to the fact it was updated to RHEL 7.7 and that appears to be too new as latest supported is 7.6. We did not version lock them, so that is definitely something I will do now, but am stuck in a situation where I can't update the agent now.

Is there instructions on where to download the latest version of the service ASR Agent and how to install and register manually for Azure to Azure replication? It's appearing to be hard to dig through all the documentation on this and if anyone knows that would be a big help.

Thanks

Monday, September 9, 2019 5:25 PM

Answers

• Thank you. Unfortunately, there was no easy answer to manual install for Azure to Azure MobilityService Client Install as all the documentation mentions needing a passphrase. The issue is, there is no configuration/process servers in Azure 2 Azure, so where is this passphrase from? I have setup VMWare to Azure before, and that was easy to grab hence having a configuration/process server. It almost seems this is all done in the backend without you knowing via ARM code or something.

I got an answer back from Microsoft Premier support and they plan to add support in for RHEL 7.7 come October 2019. SO once this is added, I should be able to update the clients without issue and I'll have my server versions version locked using the instructions here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/virtual-machines/linux/update-infrastructure-redhat

Cheers

Tuesday, September 10, 2019 5:08 PM

All replies