none
ASPX pages no longer available in Visual Studio 2015

Question

• Does anyone know why when I re-installed VS 2015 all you can create are vbhtml pages? Where are the webform/aspx pages? I have tried reinstalling several times to see if I missed something, but the entire 'Add New Item' menu is completely foreign to me.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, April 14, 2016 10:14 PM

Answers

• Hi DataC5155,

>>Does anyone know why when I re-installed VS 2015 all you can create are vbhtml pages? Where are the webform/aspx pages?

Could you share us a screen shot about this issue? Do you mean that you couldn't find the aspx page in your solution explorer window after you create a web app?

If so, how did you create this web app? Which kind of VS2015 version did you create?

Generally we will find the web app project template under the C# or VB language if you create a new project, if you click and create a web app, it will share you sample web project templates options, do you see them if you create a new project?

If you select the Empty project, it will have no the aspx file in the solution, but if you select the "Web Forums", you will find the default.aspx file in solution explorer window.

Of course, if you create the empty web project, you could add a new item about the Winform.aspx.

If the above steps still no help:

(1) Please make sure your VS version really supports the web project type.

(2) Make sure that it is not the setup issue, for example, just re-install the VS using the "custom" option, and then enable all packages which are related to the language and web project developing.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, April 17, 2016 3:39 PM