Web App Azure Resource Manager deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am stuck at "Web App Azure Resource Manager deployment". When I click "Deploy to AzureStack" then "yes" portal opens and nothing happens. If I try to use PowerShell commands it says "No subscriptions found in the context". I was advised to  download the template file from the blob account in the portal, edit this file in notepad, and copy/paste this onto a custom deployment. I am not familiar with JSON files and not quite understand what to edit.

Thank you

Friday, February 26, 2016 8:07 AM

Answers

• Hi Andrey, thanks for this information. I am engaging the product team for further guidance regarding this issue. In the meantime, could you test what happens if you remove line 410 from the json template? (In notepad, you can check the line number if you disable Word Wrap). Also, is the Azure account the same account that you used during the Azure Stack POC deployment? Can you share the request URI that you are using for the template deployment (but replace any sensitive values with fake values when you share).

Saturday, February 27, 2016 12:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrey, thanks for posting to the forum. One thing to keep in mind is that after clicking "Deploy to AzureStack" you will want to click No since this will be the easiest way to get the info that you need (including the URL to go to in the portal, if you want to use the GUI).

If you want to use the portal GUI, what happens if you enter the following URL (note: please replace <StorageAccountName> with your storage account name):

Web App Azure Resource Manager deployment" section of the instructions for information about the inputs to enter. Note: The storage account name that you enter at this point would be a new storage account that gets created (not the prerequisite storage account that you created).

Similarly, if you save the JSON template to your local drive, you can run a PowerShell and have it refer to the JSON file for deployment. If you try the PowerShell option, what happens if you run the following (please replace the parameters below as needed, per the info in the "Web App Azure Resource Manager deployment" section of the instructions).

New-AzureRmResourceGroupDeployment -Name "WebAppsDeploy01" -ResourceGroupName "WebsitesSQL" -TemplateFile C:\templates\AzureStackAppServiceTemplate.json ` 
    -storageAccountNameParameter "webappsstorage" -adminUsername "admin" -adminPassword "myPassword1!" -environmentDnsSuffix webapps.azurestack.local ` 
    -sqlservername 10.0.2.4 -sqlsysadmin sa -sqlsysadminpwd "SQLServerPassword"

Friday, February 26, 2016 9:12 PM
  • Thank you for the answer.

1) If I press "No" and paste clipboard content to notepad and then paste the line (with my data)

https://portal.azurestack.local/#create/Microsoft.Template/uri/http%3A%2F%2Fmytp1webapp.blob.core.windows.net%2Fappservice-template%2FAzureStackAppServiceTemplate.json

to browser address bar - nothing happens. AzureStack does not react

2) If i try to use PowerShell and run the New-AzureRmResourceGroupDeployment command (with my data)it asks me to login using Login-AzureRmAccount cmdlet. When I do that and re-run New-AzureRmResourceGroupDeployment it says "No subscriptions found in the context"

3) when I try to do a "Template deployment" copy/pasting JSON file contents with proper default values after i press "Create" i receive message "error locading file" with a dark stormy cloud icon.

I am using corporate Azure account and it does not have any subscriptions, but I don't understand how it could be connected to AzureStack POC Web Apps Install.

Thank you

Friday, February 26, 2016 9:59 PM
  • Hi Andrey, thanks for this information. I am engaging the product team for further guidance regarding this issue. In the meantime, could you test what happens if you remove line 410 from the json template? (In notepad, you can check the line number if you disable Word Wrap). Also, is the Azure account the same account that you used during the Azure Stack POC deployment? Can you share the request URI that you are using for the template deployment (but replace any sensitive values with fake values when you share).

Saturday, February 27, 2016 12:52 AM
  • Hi, Gabe. Thanks for quick response

1) Removing line 410 helped. It allowed me to paste parameters and template deployment completed successfully. Thank you very much.

2)The Azure account is the same.

3) By request URI do you mean this - https://portal.azurestack.local/#create/Microsoft.Template/uri/http%3A%2F%2Ffirststorageaccount.blob.azurestack.local%2Fappservice-template%2FAzureStackAppServiceTemplate.json ?

Saturday, February 27, 2016 10:23 AM
  • Hi Andrey, I'm glad you were able to deploy successfully! Please disregard my question regarding #3 - that was my misunderstanding of how this deployment was being attempted (sorry about that). Thanks
    Monday, February 29, 2016 6:08 PM