New Databases are not showing up in Target (SQL Server Metadata Explorer) RRS feed

• Question

• I have created two new Databases in Sql server v17.0 . I have created new project in SSMA for Oracle, When i connect with SQL Server(Target) ,I am not able to see two new latest databases.

Any Idea why its happening ? 

Thanks -NK

Thursday, May 16, 2019 8:41 PM

Answers

• Ok. so i went ahead and try to make the connection with the existing DB's. I am able to see my latest databases when it connects to SQL server. I can see the db's under "SQL server MetaData explorer" window.

It's quite strange behavior not sure if anyone else had this issue with the tool.

Thanks -NK

• Marked as answer by NKhurmi Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:16 PM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:16 PM

All replies

• Hi Nk,

On my test, we can’t see the latest database when reconnect SQL server instance. Could you please try to create a new project in SSMA after creating two database? Then connect to the instance again, you will see two latest databases. 

You can follow the steps to migrate data, please refer to Using SSMA v7.1 for Oracle to migrate into SQL Server.

Hope this could help you.

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, May 17, 2019 3:07 AM
  • I have tried that too. I created the new project and when I connect with SQL Server the new databases are not showing up. Does it matter what version of sql server I have selected while creating new project ?

When connect to sql server window pop up, I see it shows old databases and one of it even I have deleted it through SSMS and its still showing up in the dropdown. Looks like tool is picking the details from cache. 

Thanks -NK

• Edited by NKhurmi Friday, May 17, 2019 2:29 PM Added more description to issue
    Friday, May 17, 2019 1:39 PM
  • Hi Nk,

>> Does it matter what version of sql server I have selected while creating new project ?

Yes, it is important. You need to choose the target database version from the supported versions in the Migrate To combo box.

Best regards,
    Cathy Ji

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, May 20, 2019 8:32 AM
  • I have selected correct version of sql server but still no luck. I dont understand what went wrong.

Thanks -NK

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:07 PM
  • Ok. so i went ahead and try to make the connection with the existing DB's. I am able to see my latest databases when it connects to SQL server. I can see the db's under "SQL server MetaData explorer" window.

It's quite strange behavior not sure if anyone else had this issue with the tool.

Thanks -NK

• Marked as answer by NKhurmi Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:16 PM
    Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:16 PM