none
Can't enable Migrations in Entity Framework 4.3 RRS feed

• Question

• I have a class library with EF Code First. I just upgraded to EF 4.3 and now I want to enable migrations.

I type `Enable-Migrations -ProjectName MyProjectName` in the PM console but receive the following error

PM> Enable-Migrations -ProjectName MyProjectName
    System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
       at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
       at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.DbMigrationsConfiguration.GetSqlGenerator(String providerInvariantName)
       at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.DbMigrator..ctor(DbMigrationsConfiguration configuration, DbContext usersContext)
       at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.DbMigrator..ctor(DbMigrationsConfiguration configuration)
       at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.Design.MigrationScaffolder..ctor(DbMigrationsConfiguration migrationsConfiguration)
       at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.Design.ToolingFacade.ScaffoldRunner.RunCore()
       at System.Data.Entity.Migrations.Design.ToolingFacade.BaseRunner.Run()
    The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    PM> 

I cant figure out what dictionary that might be wrong.

My connection string looks like this:

<connectionStrings>
      <add name="MySystem" connectionString="Data Source=MyServer\Instance;Initial Catalog=myDbName;Integrated Security=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" />
    </connectionStrings>

Any idea about what might be wrong?

Just a note:  
    I use my class library in a console application with an exact copy of my app.config and there I can access my database perfectly well.

I have also posted the same question on http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9618857/cant-enable-migrations-in-entity-framework-4-3

Thursday, March 8, 2012 2:20 PM

Answers

• Your solution in StackOverFlow is greate, it also help me! Thanks! Anybody who encounters the same error, please refer here.

Fighting like Allen Iverson. Neve give up!

Sunday, March 11, 2012 3:18 PM