none
Outlook Add-In Development RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing in VS 2010, when I create any Add-in project for Outlook 2010 then run the project, Outlook launches then disappears. I stop the running of the project, launch Outlook and Outlook errors out, only telling me that it stopped working.

No errors no nothing.

This happens with any Add-in project, new or existing.

When I say new, I mean I create a new project with a new Ribbon (Visual Designer) and I do not add any code.

My first thought was that it was Outlook that was causing the issue so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it, same problems occur.

My Outlook Ribbon projects were working fine until Thursday, as far as I know nothing has changed with my PC, Outlook or Visual Studio.

How do I fix this?

(Windows 7, Outlook 2010, Visual Studio 2010)

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:28 PM

All replies

• Hi niyack,

According to your description, the Outlook disappears when you start the Outlook add-in project in Visual Studio 2010.
    I suggest you to disable all add-ins, and see whether your outlook would start successfully. After that, you could enable them one by one to identify which add-in cause this issue.

Would you mind to provide us the message from output window while debugging your project in Visual Studio? It should help us to troubleshoot this issue.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:09 AM
  • This is what I get in the Output window:

'outlook.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_32\mscorlib\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.dll', Skipped loading symbols. Module is optimized and the debugger option 'Just My Code' is enabled.
    The program '[12248] outlook.exe: Program Trace' has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    The program '[12248] outlook.exe: Managed (v4.0.30319)' has exited with code -2146233082 (0x80131506).

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 11:28 AM
  • Hi niyack,

Base on the error code 0x80131506, this issue may be caused by Visual Studio or .Net Framework.

I suggest you change your target .Net framework version to see whether the issue is resolved.

If the issue still exists, I suggest you copy the project to another computer to see whether the issue was resolved.

I am looking forward to your reply.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 1:08 PM