none
Problems registering C++/CLI dlls RRS feed

• Question

• I am not quite sure what the most appropriate place to post this is, but I figured people reading this might be able to help.

I created a C++/CLI dll, compiled with the /clr option, in Visual Studio 2008 recently. When adding a reference to the project I noticed that it appears multiple times under the COM tab. Each entry had the same component name and path. How can I remove these entries and is it a problem?

After compiling the dll I register it using these commands:
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe Analyst_UserIDA.dll /unregister
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe Analyst_UserIDA.dll /    tlb:Analyst_UserIDA.tlb /codebase

and unregister the dll by doing this:
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\RegAsm.exe Analyst_UserIDA.dll /unregister

Is my dll being unregistered improperly?
    Wednesday, July 18, 2012 5:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi MrProsser,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

>>How can I remove these entries and is it a problem?

Use regsvr32 to unregister this COM component: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms859484.aspx 

>>Is my dll being unregistered improperly?

As far as I know, yes, it is.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, July 19, 2012 11:10 AM
  • Assuming this is .NET COM registration and not Win32 COM, you may be seeing version dependent entries because every time the assembly version of your code changes and you register it you get a new registration. Look in the registry to see if that's happening.  

Phil Wilson

Saturday, July 21, 2012 5:53 PM