App stuck in Pre-processing RRS feed

• Question

• I have an app that was rejected during content compliance, after resolving the issue and resubmitting, the app was still stuck in Pre-processing 12 hours later, even though it's only supposed to take ~1hour.  The same app flew all the way through to Content compliance in 6 hours yesterday.  Is there just a backlog?  I've never had it take even an hour before.
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:19 PM

Answers

• I have a light from support, the apps submited since 24th of May can be delayed up to 3 more days to process, at the end of this weekend they say it will back the system to normal.
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:13 AM

All replies

• Same here - looks like there is some kind of holdup again
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:31 PM
  • Just chatted with customer support who confirmed it is a known issue.
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 7:50 PM
  • same here!! :S
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:50 PM
  • My apps are over 24 hours and still Pre-processing.

Jake Lin

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:36 PM
  • Did they say that the apps would all get processed eventually or need resubmission.

Last time mine got stuck in security checks. Hasn't been the nicest experience submitting to Windows store...

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 11:40 PM
  • Any news when this is going to be resolved? we hoped to have our new application avaible coming tuesday 

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:34 PM
  • I'm also still stuck in Pre-processing well into Day 2.  Debating about re-submitting, but wondering if that'll send us to the back of the queue.

-Dan

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:02 PM
  • In the past I have cancelled and resubmitted to good effect BUT before I do I see new apps, entered later being processed.

This is not happening here - looks like a general stoppage, so personally will not be resubmitting at this stage.

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:51 PM
  • I can't pass the pre proccesing stage even submiting a completly new app :(
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:56 PM
  • Even i am stuck at the same stage
    Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:15 PM
  • Yep. I am stuck in preprocessing since last night. It's been almost 24 hours. Is there anyways to get feedback from Microsoft people? Or are we just supposed to continue complaining to each other and not know what's going on?

I just checked the Windows 8 blog and I searched twitter to see if there is any "official" but nothing

Wednesday, May 22, 2013 10:40 PM
  • I have a light from support, the apps submited since 24th of May can be delayed up to 3 more days to process, at the end of this weekend they say it will back the system to normal.
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:13 AM
  • Please be patience, these are automated process and they will complete based on the number of apps in queue. 

So, it may vary on situations.

If it didnt pass the first test for 1 day, you can 

Try cancelling your release and resubmitting it.

It may have struck.

pradeep aj If it answers, then please Mark it as Answer

Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:55 AM
  • Uploaded my app on  Tue, 21 May 2013 02:18:28 -0700 (PDT)

Pre-processing completed today. 60-68 horus after upload.

Thursday, May 23, 2013 5:48 AM
  • Better you cancel your release, and resubmit it.

It wont take that much time to complete pre processing.

pradeep aj If it answers, then please Mark it as Answer

Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:43 PM
  • It looks like it's working now - I've gotten all the way to Step4 - Content Compliance - on Day 3.
    Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:07 PM