SSMS and Integration Sevices - Backware Compatability RRS feed

• Question

• Fellow SQLers,

I am trying to understand what MS is doing with its versions of SSMS as it pertains to connecting to Integration Services.  I know SSMS 17 could not connect to integration services on sql 2016. To my testing, SSMS 18 can not connect to integration services on SQL 2016 either.

So, I, like others, have different versions of SSMS on the box.

Is there some trick that I am missing whereby I can alter something on SSMS 17 or SSMS 18 to connect to Integration Services 2016?

Thanks,

MG

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 2:29 PM

Answers

• Hi Yitzhak, the answer that closely explains my needs is the one by Zoe Gui. You cannot do it.

thx Mark

• Marked as answer by mg101 Thursday, December 12, 2019 4:15 AM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2019 6:03 PM

All replies

• Hi MG,

This question was already answered on this forum.

Here is the link: Cannot connect to integration services from ssms

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 4:51 PM
  • HI Yitzhak,

thanks but sorry but not the answer I am looking for. I read this already.

What if someone is not yet going to use the integarton services catalog and is still using package/msdb.  The tool should let you still open what you need thru SSMS.

mg

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 6:01 PM
  • Hi Yitzhak, the answer that closely explains my needs is the one by Zoe Gui. You cannot do it.

thx Mark

• Marked as answer by mg101 Thursday, December 12, 2019 4:15 AM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2019 6:03 PM
  • Hi MG,

May I ask that if your issue has been solved? Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread.

Best Regards,

Lily

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 5:56 AM