none
OpenXML SDK 2.0 Productivity Tool not showing actual Excel 2007 cell values RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I believe there is a bug in the OpenXML SDK 2.0 Productivity Tool. and I need to confirm this before I run to Connect.

To reproduce this, I open Excel 2007 and start a new workbook.  Enter "This is a test..." into cell A1, then save the workbook as a Excel 2007 Macro-Enabled Workbook.  I called mine "testXML.xlsm".  Open this file in the Productivity Tool.

In the Document Explorer, navigate down to: testXml.xlsm -> /xl/workbook.xml -> /xl/worksheets/sheet1.xml -> x:worksheet (Worksheet) -> x:sheetData (SheetData) -> x:row (Row).  Right-Click this node and pick Reflect code.  Look at the code and notice that the line that sets the value for the cell says:

cellValue1.Text = "0";

when it should say:

cellValue1.Text = "This is a test...";

Can anyone confirm this or tell me what am I missing?  Or am I going crazy?  ;)

Thursday, February 9, 2012 9:26 PM

Answers

All replies

• I think I figured it out, but need confirmation.  Would the 0 in the Text assignment be an index into the (newly found by me) Shared String table?

Thursday, February 9, 2012 10:20 PM
  • I think I figured it out, but need confirmation.  Would the 0 in the Text assignment be an index into the (newly found by me) Shared String table?

Yeah, that's right, and here are some samples about how to use SharedStringPart:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc861607.aspx

I hope this helps.

Calvin Gao[MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, February 10, 2012 2:55 AM
  • I thought I might have been crazy.  Thanks for the confirmation!

I just didn't have enough time to dig deep enough.

I hate when MS hides this stuff in the documentation!  ;)

Thanks a ton!

Dave

Friday, February 10, 2012 3:42 AM