none
How do I get rid of .NET 1.1 installation? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

My server was inplace upgraded from Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 and now Windows 2008. Someway along the way .NET 1.1 was installed on a server. I manually removed it from "Programs and features". I completely uninstalled IIS, reinstalled IIS. And yet I'm still seeing Handler Mappings mapping *.aspx to non-existent framework. Even installation of .NET 4.0 did not fix it. Those entries are still there.

Friday, May 14, 2010 3:42 PM

Answers

• Hi Lorry,

Based on your description, it seems that you have some problem on the Handler Mappings feature of IIS on your Windows Server 2008. Thus, you tried to remove .NET Framework 1.1, reinstalled IIS and installed .NET Framework 4.0 but it still didn't work.

This forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation. I'm not familiar with IIS. However, we can do some work to eliminate the possible cause of corrupted .NET Framework installation.

Windows Server 2008 (all editions) includes the .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 and 3.0 SP1 as OS components. You also have installed .NET Framework 4.0 on your machine.
    You can use Verification Tool to verify all the .Net Frameworks on your machine.
    If .Net Framework 2.0 and 3.0 cannot be verified on your computer, you can try to follow the steps mentioned in the following blog to repair the .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 and 3.0 SP1 on Windows Server 2008.
    See: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2008/07/03/8685850.aspx
    If other .NET Framework cannot be verified, you can try Cleanup tool to remove and reinstall it.

If all the .NET Frameworks can be verified successfully, we can narrow down the possible cause to IIS. IIS forum should be the better place to consult your issue. You will get more useful help there. 

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    MSDN Subscriber Support in Forum
    If you have any feedback on our support, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, May 17, 2010 6:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Lorry,

Based on your description, it seems that you have some problem on the Handler Mappings feature of IIS on your Windows Server 2008. Thus, you tried to remove .NET Framework 1.1, reinstalled IIS and installed .NET Framework 4.0 but it still didn't work.

This forum is for the support of .NET Framework installation. I'm not familiar with IIS. However, we can do some work to eliminate the possible cause of corrupted .NET Framework installation.

Windows Server 2008 (all editions) includes the .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 and 3.0 SP1 as OS components. You also have installed .NET Framework 4.0 on your machine.
    You can use Verification Tool to verify all the .Net Frameworks on your machine.
    If .Net Framework 2.0 and 3.0 cannot be verified on your computer, you can try to follow the steps mentioned in the following blog to repair the .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 and 3.0 SP1 on Windows Server 2008.
    See: http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2008/07/03/8685850.aspx
    If other .NET Framework cannot be verified, you can try Cleanup tool to remove and reinstall it.

If all the .NET Frameworks can be verified successfully, we can narrow down the possible cause to IIS. IIS forum should be the better place to consult your issue. You will get more useful help there. 

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Monday, May 17, 2010 6:19 AM
  • Hi Lorry,

Does the above suggestion work?

If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 3:21 AM