Operator '&&' cannot be applied to operands of type 'bool' and 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<bool>'_ RRS feed

• Question

• User2020942139 posted
       project = db.Project.Where(c => c.ID == id && c.ProjectTasks.Select(a => a.isCompleted == false)).
         Include(c => c.ProjectTasks.Select(b => b.ProjectTaskProgresses)).
       Include(c => c.ProjectTasks.Select(a => a.ProjectTaskLeads)).
       SingleOrDefault();

Help! I want to select all completed tasks within a project. Here is my code. 

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 6:36 AM

Answers

• User281315223 posted

I would think it would make more sense to query the actual Task objects themselves if that would be applicable in your situation. This assumes that you actually have a separate table for your ProjectTasks and that you would actually need the tasks themselves :

var completedTasks = db.ProjectTasks.Where(p => p.ProjectID == id && c.IsCompleted);

If that wouldn't work, then you would likely want to apply your includes and then filter those results by only the tasks you are looking for :

var project = db.Project.Include("ProjectTasks.ProjectTaskProgresses,Projecttasks.ProjectTaskLeads")
                            .FirstOrDefault(p => p.ID == id);

// Now that you have your projects and have included the appropriate references, filter things
    // down based on what you need
    project.ProjectTasks = project.ProjectTasks.Where(p => p.IsCompleted);

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Tuesday, September 1, 2015 8:55 AM
  • User281315223 posted

Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<ProjectRegistry.Models.ProjectTask>' to 'System.Collections.Generic.ICollection<ProjectRegistry.Models.ProjectTask>'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?) 

I'm assuming that this is occurring on the following line as the Where method is going to return an IEnumerable, but your ProjectTasks property is an actual Collection :

You could try using the ToList() method which would make the collection a List, which inherits from ICollection :

project.ProjectTasks = project.ProjectTasks.Where(p => p.IsCompleted).ToList();

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 8:13 AM

All replies

• User281315223 posted

I would think it would make more sense to query the actual Task objects themselves if that would be applicable in your situation. This assumes that you actually have a separate table for your ProjectTasks and that you would actually need the tasks themselves :

var completedTasks = db.ProjectTasks.Where(p => p.ProjectID == id && c.IsCompleted);

If that wouldn't work, then you would likely want to apply your includes and then filter those results by only the tasks you are looking for :

var project = db.Project.Include("ProjectTasks.ProjectTaskProgresses,Projecttasks.ProjectTaskLeads")
                            .FirstOrDefault(p => p.ID == id);

// Now that you have your projects and have included the appropriate references, filter things
    // down based on what you need

Tuesday, September 1, 2015 8:55 AM
  • User2020942139 posted

When I tried your code, this error appears: 

Cannot implicitly convert type 'System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable<ProjectRegistry.Models.ProjectTask>' to 'System.Collections.Generic.ICollection<ProjectRegistry.Models.ProjectTask>'. An explicit conversion exists (are you missing a cast?) 

I still cant figure it out :(

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 12:20 AM
  • User-446933086 posted

Hi,

You need to change the logic because 

c.ProjectTasks.Select 

return the list not bool value might be count >0 etc

c.ProjectTasks.Count(a=> a.isCompleted==false)>0
    db.Project.Where(c => c.ID == id && c.ProjectTasks.Select(a => a.isCompleted == false)).
    Wednesday, September 2, 2015 6:17 AM
  • User281315223 posted

I'm assuming that this is occurring on the following line as the Where method is going to return an IEnumerable, but your ProjectTasks property is an actual Collection :

You could try using the ToList() method which would make the collection a List, which inherits from ICollection :

project.ProjectTasks = project.ProjectTasks.Where(p => p.IsCompleted).ToList();

Wednesday, September 2, 2015 8:13 AM