ASP.NET web pages are not displaying on browser after clicking on “view in browser” RRS feed

• Question

• User538529057 posted

I installed IIS-6 and VS2013 on my pc.

Whenever I am trying to open the asp.net web page as "View in Browser " then it dose not go with the IIS localhost.

It opens with some other localhost and error gives -"SERVER NOT FOUND"

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 2:47 AM

All replies

• User1068175894 posted

Are you using mvc?

In mvc there is a routing mechanism based on conventions, you don't "view in browser" individual files.

Also by default mvc applications dont use iis by default but iisexpress. Check for the iisexpress icon on the taskbar after you run the application

----------------------------

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue.

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 3:16 AM
  • User-2057865890 posted

Hi webico,

I installed IIS-6 and VS2013 on my pc.

Whenever I am trying to open the asp.net web page as "View in Browser " then it dose not go with the IIS localhost.

It opens with some other localhost and error gives -"SERVER NOT FOUND"

IIS Express is the default web server for web application projects in Visual Studio, and it is recommended for both web application projects and web site projects.

Use IIS when you want to test your web application using the server environment that is closest to what the live site will run under, and it is practical for you to install and work with IIS on your development computer.

Best Regards,

Chris

Tuesday, May 9, 2017 6:25 AM